The OK-AHEAD membership recognizes a person who advocates, supports, and pursues the issues of equal access and opportunity to students with disabilities. This is called the A.C.C.E.S.S. (Advocacy, Cooperation, and Concern for Encouraging Student Success) award. Nominations are accepted until February and the award is presented at the yearly spring conference.
To nominate someone who meets these qualifications, please print and complete an A.C.C.E.S.S. award form.
If you would like additional information about this award, please contact Suzette Dyer.
A.C.C.E.S.S. Award Recipients
- Scott Sabolich
- Representative John Enns
- Dr. Charlie Jones, Professor, ECU
- Greg Burns, Artist
- E. Kirby, Jr., Grace Ann Productions
- Sen. Gilmer Capps and Rep. Deutschendorf
- Rodney Pratz and Kristie Long, Dream Institute
- Sen. Bernest Cain, Jr.
- Dean Van Trease, President, Tulsa Community College
- Ned Bastow, General Counsel, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education